Making a Difference!
Sometimes it really is the little things that can make a difference… and for the parents of premature babies we hope that our new “Preemie Proud” stickers will make a BIG difference.
Acting as a visible reminder, our Smallest Things Preemie Proud stickers are there to alert health care professionals to a babies NICU history. The support for the stickers has been amazing, with extremely positive feedback; and we offer our sincere thanks to all our Smallest Things mums who have contributed to their design.
Used to personalise a baby’s red books, parents can choose from a series of stickers all of which are designed to meet the particular needs of NICU babies and their families.
Our “Preemie Proud” stickers are designed to –
- Raise awareness of premature birth
- Prompt a conversation between health professional and parent about their neonatal care journey
- Engage health professionals in learning more about the realities of neonatal care
- Highlight the extra support parents of premature babies may need
- Increase awareness that parents following neonatal intensive care are at greater risk of developing postnatal depression, anxiety and PTSD
- Offer a gentle reminder to use a babies corrected age when plotting their weight on a growth chart
- … and to say how amazing our tiny babies are!
Small but Mighty!
A sticker; it’s only a small and a simple idea, but it could make a dramatic difference to the lives of thousands NICU families.
Each year 80,000 babies are born requiring specialist neonatal care in the UK, with 20,000 of them spending a prolonged period in hospital…. and it is our aim that “Preemie Proud” sticker packs are available to each and every one of them.
Help make the Smallest Things matter!
It’s a big task, so we are excited to have begun our Crowdfunding drive, fundraising for the launch of the Preemie Proud sticker campaign.
If you would like to see Preemie Proud stickers available in all UK NICUs and to all parents of premature babies them please do consider donating a small sum to the campaign below.